Monday, May 4, 2015

Serving in Silence

What's your reaction to this story true? Do you believe That She Should Have Told kept her secret or it to everyone? Explain your reason why.

Serving in silence is a movie about this woman letting the world know she is a lesbian. Telling the family that someone is gay or lesbian is a very difficult decision because you never know what will be the reaction of the family. Usually when young people decide to tell their families that they are homosexuals family already knew or suspected. But in the case of  Margareth Cammermeye it was a quite complicated story, since she had children, and served to the army where for the time being homosexual was not accepted.

She decided to open her heart because she had fallen in love with a girl and she wanted to express their love fully, so she decided to tell the world that she is a lesbian and is in love. Saying that it was a lesbian cost her job, and there is when comes our doubts as sexual orientation of a person can affect their job performance or their skills. Before you say nothing she could fulfill her duties exceptionally and that would not change when she come out.


In my opinion the story is about a topic that many people are passing through in modern life. Many people would like to let the world know you love someone and cannot speak because this like, this discrimination affects people in there love life. But in my case I understand "what you see is not to be questioned" and there's no need of telling what makes someone happy, you just need to accept yourself as the way you are and feel comfortable being. If they ask you I think there is no need to hide. But I don’t think that is important to tell everyone she was a lesbian without any reason, because if she kept the secret or tell the world that will not affect her happiness. I would have kept the secret, because finally, nobody cares what I do or who I love. I will not lose my work because I’m telling others that I'm gay. Obviously we want to be accepted but i don’t think affecting my job and my life will be the right way.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean by "what you see is not to be questioned"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "lo que se ve no se pregunta"... But in english haha I think is not the same thing but the idea is the same that's why I wrote it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete