Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Introduction of myself

My name is Luis Alberto Aponte Velázquez, I’m 22 years old. I was born in Bayamón, Puerto Rico, and raised in Toa Alta in an area called Bucarabones. I live with my grandmother, sister Kiarelys and two dogs called Ashley and Bella. Ashely is a Shitzu and Bella is a Rottweiler. Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to help people in any way, which motivates me to work hard towards my goal. When I started my high school, I studied hard to get accepted in the Biology Department at The University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. When I started studying my main purpose was to be an oncologist, but then I got a little frustrated and started seeking different opportunities for my level of knowledge and my preference, considering my happiness and health. I thought about changing my vision to be a dentist, but I also knew it wasn’t my thing either. When I started taking microbiology course, I got passionate about laboratory work and got interested in helping people without having any type of contact with the patient. This is when I got interested in being a medical technician and now it is my main purpose. I’m finishing my requirements to start looking for medical technician schools but my main school I’m applying is to is Recinto de Ciencias Médicas, another campus of the University of Puerto Rico. I’ve been working for a couple of months in a restaurant called Platos Restaurant in which I’m the cashier and also the host. I really like to work in this restaurant because of the co-workers and because it’s at Isla Verde, near the beach. If I don’t get accepted in Recinto de Ciencias Médicas, I might take the last classes I need to finish my bachelor’s degree in biology, and then apply to another school of medical technicians. Maybe one option will be to apply to a school in New York, I really like the city.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to live with grandparents?! I live with mine & they're a little more strict rhan other s butbthe do give me a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best experience in life ever. But for them you are the most important person, and they protect you of everything.

      Delete
  2. I too like lab work. What types of labs would you like to be working on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be working with blood, poop, and all the medical stuff.

      Delete